Sunday, May 18, 2008

Book Read, 2008

"Things I Learned About My Dad (In Therapy)"

Heather B. Armstrong (dooce)

This is several essays by various bloggers. Dooce and her husband, and Defective Yeti are the authors I was familiar with before purchasing the book.

Having no children of my own, nor wanting any of my own, AND not being a dad because I'm a chick - this book still made me laugh (yes, out loud) in many places. And I do feel like I understand Dads and my own Dad just a teeny bit more than I used to.

While enjoyable, this book did feel a little hit and miss though - which might be common with a collection of essays. I don't usually read collections. And to my knowledge, this is the first book I've ever experienced with the excitement of the EDITOR being who she is as opposed to the actual authors of the pieces. But then again, I don't read these collection type books much.

But who could resist anything with dooce attached to it? Not even I.

No comments: